As we put another semester in the books, its time to place the book orders for the Spring. Here's what I have on order:
- Bogost, Persuasive Games
- McGonigal, Reality is Broken
- Fille and Platten, The Ultimate Guide to Video Game Writing and Design
- Golombisky, White Space is Not Your Enemy
- Stockman, How to Shoot Web Video that Doesn't Suck
- Williams & Tollett, The Non-Designer's Photoshop Book
- Adobe InDesign CS5 Classroom in a Book
The Rhetoric and Gaming class is under-development; it will hopefully be a permanent addition to our major. I haven't taught VisRhet in a few years; this time around I built my syllabus around Meredith's version of the course (adding a derive project for some good ole self-indulgent navel-gazing).
Yes I appreciate the irony of not developing a CSS sheet for the VisRhet webpage. It will come, it will come. And, yes, I realize that Pac-Man is disappearing on a few browsers. That one actually bothers me more...